Best Broker Ratings
1. Fidelity – Fidelity Investments received 4.5 out of 5 stars in our 2016 Review, including being awarded Best in Class for eleven categories. They also took home #1 for Order Execution, International Trading, and Email Support. Take advantage of their investment advising services at over 180 retail locations.
2. TD Ameritrade – Rated #1 Online Broker Overall in our 2015 Review, TD Ameritrade offers one of the largest varieties of trade tools through its desktop based Thinkorswim and web based Trade Architect platforms. The broker also boasts Best in Class ratings for numerous categories including Research and Customer Service.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Trade free for 90 days + get up to $600 cash.
3. ETRADE – ETRADE was voted the #1 Online Broker in our 2011 Review, finishing in third overall with 4.5 stars in 2016. ETRADE Mobile is rated the #1 mobile trading app today and the broker offers great access to quality research, trade tools, education, and more.
4. Charles Schwab – In 2015 they were rated 4.5 Stars Overall and #1 Retirement Services and #1 Client Dashboard. Extensive research access along with solid costumer service and banking services, a great full service brokerage. Charles Schwab will not disappoint.
5. Merrill Edge – Finishing #5 Overall with 4 stars for 2016, Merrill Edge was also awarded #1 for Banking Services. They provide a well rounded option for clients and Bank of America accounts are directly link-able. Best in Class for Research, Customer Service, Investor Education, and Banking.
6. TradeKing – Rated as the 4.5 Stars for Offering of Investments in 2016. Their online investor community, the Trader Network, is home to over 500,000 traders sharing ideas and research. For investors looking for discounted stock trades and fantastic customer service, TradeKing is a great match.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get up to $2,000 in commission credit.
7. OptionsHouse – Awarded 4 out of 5 stars overall in 2016, OptionsHouse offers discounted $4.95 flat fee stock trades and options trades are $0.50 per contract + $4.95 base. Received #1 for Options Trading and the #1 Web Based Platform accolade.
8. Scottrade – Offers its clients $7 flat fee trades and over 500 local branch offices. Scottrade is an easy to use broker that makes the client experience fantastic as clients have access to live representative assistance throughout the day. The broker also offers real-time streaming watch lists alongside a variety of other tools and research.
Current Offer: $2,000 in Cash Bonus and 50 Free Trades.
9. TradeStation – Advanced trading platform for the active trader, having been awarded Best Platform Technology in both 2013-2016. In our 2016 Review, TradeStation finished Best in Class for Active Trading, Options Trading, and Platforms & Tools. Their proprietary EasyLanguage has created numerous apps in their TradingApp Store.
Current Offer: Save 20% on commissions through December 2016.
10. Capital One Investing – Known for their automatic investment plans, Capital One Investing (ShareBuilder) is a good fit for casual investors and 360 clients. Their discounted automatic trade commission is only $4, less expensive than many of the larger brokerages. Awarded #1 Portfolio Builder in 2015 and 2016.
Current Offer: Get up to a $600 bonus when you fund your new account.
When looking for any new online stock broker it is important to make sure to meet your most important needs as an investor. Are low cost trade commissions most important? What about customer service, the trade platform, mobile trading, active trading, or a community to trade alongside? With many brokers specializing in different areas comparing all the possibilities is key.